We're hiring! See open positions below.
Monument City Brewing Company is looking for a shift brewer to assist with brewing and related tasks. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of handling raw materials, milling of grain, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, transfers, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP and general sanitation.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Execute the necessary production duties including but not limited to wort production, fermentation management, filtration and finishing, and bright beer handling.
- Ensure that all beer is produced to standards and specification by following recipes and procedures.
- Follow best practice and safety requirements.
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification, and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Attend brewery staff meetings as required.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Possess a well rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles beer knowledge.
- Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner.
- High school diploma.
- Formal brewing education preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate well with all staff.
- Organized and detail oriented; accurate record keeping skills.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting.
- Read, write, and calculate basic algebra.
- Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
- Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
- Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
- Work in small and confined spaces.
- Work safely with chemicals while adhering to reasonable safety accommodations.
- Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
Job Type: Salary, Full Time Employment